Saturday, February 2, 2013

DELIGHT

Today did not start out like I had planned but through it all, God showed me something about Himself.

This morning I found myself bound to the couch for two hours as I held my 14 year old daughter who was crying in extreme pain due to menstral cramps. Despite ibuprofen & a heating pad, the pain was so intense that she actually asked me to hold her. I can not tell you how many years it’s been since I craddled my daughter in my arms, as she is no longer a little girl. It’s been a LONG time since she has asked me to hold her & when she asked, of course I was happy to. I knew she was in serious pain. We called on as many people as we could think of to pray for her (as well as praying ourselves). For two hours Katie cried off & on and for two hours, I sat & felt helpless as she cried out in pain. She would cry & say how much it hurt. Finally, at some point, the pain suddenly subsided. Katie laid there a bit longer in my arms & then decided she felt better & she wanted something to eat & to play a video game with her brother. Just a bit ago, I was folding laundry & making our bed when I over heard Katie singing in the shower & I thought to myself how good it was to hear her happy &singing  instead of crying & in pain. It was such a sweet sound in my ears.  

Then it dawned on me how much more it must delight our Heavenly Father when our tears turn to rejoicing…how much it must sound like such a sweet relief to Him that we are no longer in pain & hurting . God’s willing to hold us close when we’re crying out in pain just like I was willing to do for Katie & where my comfort & help was limited for my Katie…God’s comfort & help is limitless to us.

Just now, Katie hugged me & said, “Thank you for holding me.”

While my heart broke for my Katie & I would not want her to experience that again, I am thankful that God was able to use that moment to show me a glimps into His heart towards us. After all, we are His children & He is our Abba Father.

This was just too precious...I had to share it.

02/02/13

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. Such a wonderful parallel to how our Father in Heaven must feel about us. And sometimes he doesn't take away our pain, like you couldn't for your daughter, but he's there for us.

    ReplyDelete